Friday, May 30, 2014

Adios Eagle Pass

We have been in Eagle Pass since March 9. Barb has been working at Maverick Nursing and Rehab during this time while I continue to play. I got in 1170 miles of bike riding while here in preparation for Ride the Rockies that begins June 7. I have enjoyed my time here.

I have enjoyed all the acquaintances I have made: Pastor Becky, Juliet, Mia, Peggy, Marcie, Glennis and everyone at 1st UMC; EP Evening Lions Club members including Ramon, Pedro, Martin, Ruel, Lupe and about 35 others, a great bunch of Lions and proud Americans; VFW members Ruben, Fucando, and Sammy the bugler. Also Ismael the local Veterans Service Officer who asked if I had been re-evaluated and gave me the paper work to get it started. I might get my service connected disability elevated as a result of making his acquaintance.

Tomorrow we depart with the first stop at the LBJ Library in Austin. We will be back to Delano Monday evening and then I will be leaving Saturday for Ride the Rockies, which will test all the training since RTR last year.

Adios Alex, Emily, Susie, Lisette, Liz and everyone at Marverick



No comments:

Post a Comment