Monday, May 26, 2014

Memorial Day in Texas

Today I motored over to Del Rio to their
Memorial Day Program that was held inside (due to a much welcome rainy day) for the first time in 27 years, according to the retired Air Force General who has emceed the program for all of those 27 years.

I would say they meant the intent of General Orders #11 of the Grand Army of the Republic
.


This is a very nice memorial. I am still looking for any that exceed what has been done in Streamwood, Ill., Analaska WI and Arlington, MN, the best I have seen outside of Washington, DC.









Here is something I haven't seen before. This memorial was put in place by Alamo Chapter 1836 of the Military Order of the Purple Heart, which provides space for bricks for veterans wounded in any of the wars.












This fighter jet is located on the Chamber grounds along with the memorials and pays tribute to all the Air Force personnel associated with nearby Laughlin Air Force Base.








Lauglin Air Force Base is located a few miles east of Del Rio. It is the largest pilot training base in the USAF. Sometimes I hear the trainers buzzing around Eagle Pass.

No comments:

Post a Comment